The sound of sizzling sausage, the smell of freshly buttered bread and a perfectly runny egg cooked sunny-side-up—it’s what dreams are made of. So, when making a breakfast sandwich, make sure it’s the best compilation of breakfast ingredients you can find. Start with our breakfast sausage made right in our Butcher Shop by our talented butchers.
How to Fry the Perfect Sunny-Side-Up Egg
- Heat skillet over low heat and add oil. Allow skillet to heat for about 5 minutes.
- Crack an egg into a ramekin or small bowl and slowly add to skillet.
- Cover skillet and cook, uninterrupted, until whites are completely set but yolk is still runny, about 2-3 minutes.
- Carefully slide the egg out of the skillet and enjoy.
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 4 English muffins
- ½ lb ground breakfast sausage
- Avocado, sliced
- Butter (optional)
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat.
- Remove ground sausage from paper and separate into four equal parts. Shape each portion into a 2-1/2" disk.
- Fry the sausage on both sides until cooked through and golden brown, about 4 minutes per side. Set aside and let drain on a paper towel.
- Add more oil to skillet if necessary. Cook egg sunny-side-up (directions below).
- Toast and butter English muffin. Place sausage patty on bottom half of each muffin. Layer with sliced avocado, cooked egg and arugula. Add top half of English muffin and enjoy.