‘Tis the season for some grillin’. Fire up the barbecue and pick up all your grilling essentials at your local Haggen store. We’re loving this grilled steak recipe with a crispy garlicky herb crust that is perfect paired with charred corn or your favorite barbecued veggies. And right now you can join Haggen and the Washington Beef Community in supporting local food banks during our annual Beef Counts promotion.
Beef Counts at Haggen
You can help provide nutritious beef to families in need by donating at any Haggen register through July 4 and the Washington Beef Community will match up to $10,000. Every dollar raised goes directly toward Food Lifeline and their distribution of nutritious servings of beef to local food banks. Just a $5 donation provides over six servings of beef to our local neighbors in need.
Double R Ranch Northwest Beef
For the very best barbecue, start with the very best Double R Ranch beef from the heart of the Northwest. The Double R ranchers take great pride in the beef that they produce, and only the best beef meets the exacting criteria required to carry the Double R Ranch name. All Double R Ranch Northwest Beef is hand-sorted and includes only USDA “Choice” quality grade and higher. Double R Ranch is renowned for raising exceptional cattle, and its commitment to animal well-being, environmental stewardship and the recycling of resources is a model of sustainable beef production.
- 2 beef Porterhouse Steaks or T-Bone Steaks, cut 1 inch thick (about 1 pound each)
- 1 tsp coarsely ground mixed peppercorns (black, white, green and pink)
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp coarsely ground mixed peppercorns (black, white, green and pink)
- Combine seasoning ingredients in small bowl; press evenly onto beef steaks.
- Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 11 to 16 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 15 to 19 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Remove bones from steaks; carve into slices. Season with 1 teaspoon peppercorns and salt, as desired.