Sweet, juicy corn is a summertime flavor we can all agree on. At Haggen, corn season starts in early summer with fresh ears from our California farming partners, then we ramp it up with local corn in late July as the Yakima Valley crop ripens. Our favorite ears of the year are the Amaize sweet corn, fresh from Inaba Farms. Amaize corn is non-GMO, hybridized over the course of more than two decades to produce the sweetest, juiciest, pop-in-your-mouth kernels you’ll find anywhere. If you’re new to Amaize, try a few ears to grill and taste for yourself what makes them so…well, amazing! Then, if you’re like us, you’ll grab a supply to freeze for fall and winter chili, soups and stews.
The classic sweet-and-savory flavor blend gets revitalized for summer with this combination of smoky bacon and lightly charred corn on the cob. Looking to slather it with a flavorful butter? Try this recipe for Chili Lime Butter.
- Unsalted Butter, ½ lb
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp ancho chili powder
- 6 ears sweet corn, shucked
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 slices bacon, slightly cooked
- Scallions, thinly sliced
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and stir together until full incorporated. Roll butter in a sheet of parchment paper and twist the ends. Let set in the refrigerator.
- Sprinkle seasonings on corn. Wrap each cob with bacon, securing with toothpicks. Wrap each cob with foil. Grill over medium heat, about 20 minutes. Garnish with scallions.