Strikingly beautiful, and as delicious as it looks, this is a weekend breakfast that’s sure to impress.
Dutch Pancakes with Berries
Author: Haggen Northwest Fresh
- 3 eggs, room-temperature
- ¾ cup milk, room-temperature
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted & slightly cooled + 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- ½ cup fresh berries of your choice
- ¼ cup cream (optional)
- Place a medium cast iron skillet in the oven and preheat to 450° for at least 25 minutes. Meanwhile, blend eggs in a blender until very frothy. While blender is running, gradually add milk and melted & slightly cooled butter for 30 seconds. Add flour and cornstarch and blend until combined.
- Remove skillet from oven and swirl with remaining butter. Immediately pour batter from blender into the skillet. Put skillet back into the oven and bake until pancake is puffed and browned around the edges (about 20-25 minutes). Top with berries and cream if desired.