What do pasta lovers dream of? We’re thinking oversized pasta shells stuffed with the very best ingredients and lots of melty cheese, then smothered in rich sauce and served bubbling and hot with a side of warm, crusty garlic bread. Haggen has everything you’ll need to recreate this delicious dream sequence at your own dinner table.
There are countless perks to this meal! It’s a beautiful dish to serve to guests, but simple enough for a weeknight meal. It’s convenient to make ahead—even in big batches—and it’s a potluck-appropriate crowd-pleaser. You can customize it and make it your own by playing around with different fillings. Try your favorite roasted vegetables, chopped spinach, artichoke hearts, fresh herbs, or anything that you think sounds delicious in a noodle dish, and this meal will never grow old. So what are you waiting for? Get stuffing!
Preparing a gourmet Italian meal is easy with a wide assortment of convenient, artisan-made sauces, cheeses and breads available at Haggen. Browse our grocery shelves, artisan cheese section or bakery for unique, quality products that will enhance your homemade cooking.
Rao’s Homemade: Rustic Italian recipes made in small batches and stirred gently for rich, flavorful sauces. Try them all!
SouperNatural: Fresh and made in the Northwest, each jar is hand-poured with care and filled with the very best ingredients.
Mezzetta Napa Valley Homemade: Made in the Italian tradition from Mezzetta’s Napa Valley kitchen with 100% hand-selected tomatoes, no added sugar, no paste,
Lucini: Hearty, substantial sauces handmade with premium oils, cheeses and vegetables from Italian recipes.
Fior di Latte Mozzarella: Fresh mozzarella balls made with cow milk, rather than the traditional water buffalo milk.
BelGioioso Parmesan: Sharp, hard and nutty, this must-have Italian garnish is cave-aged for 10 months.
Ricotta: Fresh, soft milk cheese made from the whey left after the curds have been used to make other cheeses.
Haggen Garlic Bread
Haggen’s signature garlic bread is made with our classic French loaf, soft and airy inside with a crisp crust. We cover the slices with our savory garlic spread, and after a few minutes under your broiler it’s fragrant, toasty hot and ready to serve.
- 2 (12 oz) container Bellwether Farms ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 (10 oz) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 cup Fior di Latte mozzarella, grated
- ½ cup BelGioioso Parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ cup parsley, chopped
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 (12 oz) package jumbo pasta shells
- 1 (24 oz) jar Lucini Rustic Tomato Basil Sauce
- Heat oven to 350°F. Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- To make the filling, combine ricotta, eggs, and salt in a medium bowl. Mix until combined. Thaw spinach, drain well and squeeze to remove excess moisture. Add ⅔ of the mozzarella (save the rest for sprinkling on top), Parmesan, spinach, and parsley.
- In a 13"x9" baking dish spread ½ cup of the sauce. Fill each shell with cheese mixture and layer in dish. Spread remaining sauce over shells, sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Cover and bake for 30 minutes.