Zucchini Tart with Goat Cheese
Author: Haggen Northwest Fresh
- 2 cups flour
- kosher salt, a pinch
- sugar, a pinch
- 1-1/2 sticks cold butter, diced
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp water
- 3.5 oz Laura Chenel’s Goat Cheese Medallions, sliced
- 3 zucchinis, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp Italian parsley, minced
- 1 tsp tarragon, minced
- Place flour, salt and sugar in food processor; pulse for a few seconds. Add butter and pulse until pieces are the size of small peas. In a separate bowl combine egg and water. With the processor on, gradually add the egg mixture to the flour mixture. On a lightly floured surface, gently knead the dough and form into a log. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
- When you’re ready to make a tart, preheat oven to 375°F. Roll the dough into a 12″x16″ rectangle on parchment paper. Transfer the dough to a cookie sheet. Trim and fold edges.
- Prepare your pastry on a cookie sheet. Place goat cheese slices on pastry and sprinkle with half the herbs. Place zucchini slices on top of the cheese and sprinkle with the remaining herbs. Bake for 30–40 minutes.