This dish brightens the traditional Tuscan fare of cannellini beans with bright, sunny flavors of shrimp and lemon to create a flavorful, nutritious and filling meal.
Tuscan Lemony Shrimp with Cannellini Beans
Author: Haggen Northwest Fresh
- 1 lb raw wild shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 can cannellini beans, rinsed
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup white wine
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Heat 2 Tbsp of the butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and scallions and cook for about 1 minute. Add the shrimp, stir until the shrimp turns pink, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and cook until heated through, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve over quinoa or couscous.