Here in the Northwest, we get to enjoy the bounty of Dungeness crab all year long.
Cracking open a freshly steamed crab is an occasion to celebrate, especially in the summer months. But for convenience, our Seafood Department makes it easy to savor the flavor of already-shelled, chunks of tender, sweet crabmeat that’s ready to eat and recipe ready.
One of our favorite ways to showcase the unmatched flavor of crab is in a sandwich paired with Northwest-grown heirloom tomatoes, fresh-baked sourdough artisan bread from our bakery, light creamy dressings, and of course plenty of crab!
Celebrate this very special season with your own Crab & Tomato Sandwich Bar that’s perfect for a crowd, and enjoy the local harvest!
- ¼ cup white balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 small shallot peeled and rough chopped
- 1 clove garlic peeled and smashed
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 cup canola oil
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh tarragon, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1 Tbsp chives, chopped
- 1 cup mayo
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 Tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1 small shallot minced
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp fresh ground pepper
- Radishes, sliced
- Hardboiled eggs, sliced
- Avocado, sliced
- Heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- Sliced bread
- Lemons wedges
- Place vinegar, lemon juice, shallot, garlic, salt, pepper and mustard in blender. At high speed add the canola oil and olive oil in a steady stream until it is well incorporated.
- Pour into a bowl and add chopped herbs (do not blend herbs). Stir until well combined.
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients until well combined.
- Arrange all sandwich ingredients on a board and serve with dressings.