Freshen up your spring dinners with a bright and seasonally focused Lemon Shrimp with Asparagus and Zucchini Gnocchi. Start with 100% sustainable and traceable Wild Blue Shrimp from Del Pacifico Seafoods which are available at our Seafood Counter. By fishing from small boats called Pangas the folks at Del Pacifico Seafoods reduce the environmental side effects, burn less fuel and lower bycatch. These small boats have a limited range and storage capacity meaning the fishermen must unload within hours of the catch, resulting in once a day pick up to their state-of-the-art processing facility. All of these efforts result in a very low environmental impact. This is also the first and only shrimp fishery that is Fair Trade Certified which ensures the fishermen earn additional income to invest in projects that support the ecosystem and their communities.
Did you know all of our seafood is 100% sustainable? This means you’ll only find seafood that meets “Best Choice” or “Good Alternative” in our Seafood Department. Sustainably sourced seafood protects the future availability of seafood as well as the livelihood of fishing communities. You can also feel good about choosing seafood that preserves a balanced ocean environment, which will yield a healthy seafood supply in the future.
This dish is generous with butter which lends rich flavor and silky mouthfeel to this simple shrimp dish, making it a keeper that you’ll want to serve to your favorite guests.
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1-16 oz package mini gnocchi
- 1 green zucchini, diced
- 1 yellow zucchini, diced
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 bunch asparagus, bottoms trimmed
- 1 lb wild shrimp
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- Boil water in large pot; add gnocchi and a pinch of salt. Cook gnocchi according to package instructions. In a sauté pan, melt 1 tsp butter over medium heat; add the gnocchi and toast until golden.
- In a separate sauté pan, melt 1 tsp butter; add the zucchini and stir fry for about 3 minutes. Add zucchini to the gnocchi. Season with salt, pepper and parsley. Set aside.
- Blanch asparagus in boiling water until just tender, for 4 to 5 minutes.
- In a large skillet over medium heat melt 1 Tbsp butter; add lemon zest and cook until butter becomes fragrant. Season shrimp with salt and pepper. Add shrimp and cook for 5 to 6 minutes, until shrimp is cooked through.
- Arrange asparagus, zucchini gnocchi and shrimp on a platter. Serve topped with Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!