Carving and plating the holiday bird may seem daunting but once you get the process down with a streamlined approach to tackling the task, you’ll be a pro in no time.
- Cut leg quarters from the turkey.
- Cut the breast along the breastbone. Separate each breast from the bird.
- Cut the wings off where they join the body.
- Slice the breast crosswise into slices.
- Separate the drumstick by cutting through the joint connecting the drumstick to the thigh. Remove thigh bone and cut thighs crosswise into slices.
- Remove the wings from the joint.
- Place legs and thighs in the center of the platter. Surround breast slices around the dark meat. Garnish with fresh cranberries, oranges, pears and fresh herbs.