These potatoes are crisp on the outside and tender on the inside and make a beautiful presentation. Here’s a pro tip for perfectly sliced taters every time: Set the handle of a wooden spoon next to the potato when slicing so the knife won’t accidentally cut all the way through.
- 6 to 8 russet or yellow potatoes
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Peel the potatoes. Thinly slice each potato crosswise, cutting only ¾ of the way through, so they are still joined at the bottom.
- Brush the potatoes with the melted butter and place in a buttered baking dish. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with thyme leaves.
- Roast for 30 to 45 minutes or until potatoes are cooked through with a crisped top, basting every 5 minutes with butter. Exact cooking time will depend on the size of the potatoes.