Synonymous with rich and buttery, yellow potatoes have the long-held reputation of being a creamy spud perfect in a mashed potato dish as they pair exceptionally well with butter, garlic and cheese. If you’re looking for an ultra creamy bowl of mashers, yellow potatoes are your spud!
- 3 lb Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 ½ lb celery root, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 oz unsalted butter
- ½ tsp nutmeg ground
- 3 Tbsp kosher salt
- Combine potatoes and celery root in pot with 2 Tbsp of the salt and cover with water. Bring to a simmer and cook till tender.
- Melt butter with cream and nutmeg in a small pot.
- Drain potatoes and celery root. In food mill or food processor puree potato mix and add cream and butter mixture. Mix well and season with remaining salt to taste.