Make the most of autumn’s bounty with this roasted butternut squash, cranberry and pecan salad. It’s simple, fresh and delicious.
Autumn Butternut Squash Salad with Cranberries & Pecans
Author: Haggen Northwest Fresh
- 1 Tbsp canola or vegetable oil
- 1½ lbs butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 oz mixed greens
- 4 oz dried cranberries
Red Chili Mustard Vinaigrette
- 2 Tbsp Ancho chili powder
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- ½ cup red win vinegar
- 2 Tbsp honey
- ¾ cup canola oil
- 1 tsp salad
- ¼ tsp fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Toss butternut squash with oil and place in roasting pan. Season squash to taste with salt and pepper. Roast for 20-30 minutes. When tender, remove from oven and cool.
- Place all dressing ingredients except oil in blender and blend until smooth. With blender on, add oil in a steady stream.
- Arrange greens on a platter. Top with squash, cranberries and pecans. Drizzle with dressing and enjoy!